The internet is full of tips on how to grow your account and gain new Instagram followers. However, many of these tips are aimed at larger accounts rather than those that only have a few hundred followers. It is believed that the first 1,000 followers on any social media platform is the toughest task for an account, as most users don’t pay much attention to smaller accounts. When you get the first 1,000 followers, you not only secure your credibility, but also build a community. Below we explain how to get the first 1000 followers on Instagram.
1. Customize and complete your profile
Customizing your profile is one of the first steps in establishing your online presence and getting more Instagram views. The look of the profile not only tells your potential followers something about your identity, it also gives them a reason to follow you. Now we explain how to get the first 1000 Followers on Instagram. You can complete your Instagram profile by following these few things.
- Complete your profile: this means that you have to choose the correct name and username, as these will appear first in Instagram search results. The name could be who you want to be identified by, or the brand name or keyword if you are a business. You can also include the type of account or company along with your name. Username is mostly determined by name and should be something that is remembered or easy to search for.
- Go Public: The only way to increase your views and get free Instagram followers is to go public. It is impossible to increase your reach by setting your account as private.
- Profile picture: Choosing a profile picture that best represents you or your company is extremely important. Because the profile picture is also one of the first things to appear in the Instagram search.
- Create a Meaningful Bio: Fill the bio section of your account with engaging information about yourself or your brand that will give audiences a reason to follow you. You can also include a link tree in your bio to link your website or blog so that followers have easy access to understanding your brand.
- Turn on notifications to keep track of the comments on your photos so you can quickly connect with your followers.
2. Get a basic understanding of the Instagram algorithm
Understanding the key features and how Instagram works is one of the first steps in attracting new followers. Instagram’s algorithm is constantly changing, so it’s important to keep up with any new changes. Instagram is constantly adding new features that encourage individuals and brands to test their creativity and authenticity. Understanding the algorithm will help you figure out the right way to get the engagement you want by allowing you to experiment with different types of posts.
3. Use Instagram Analytics
Instagram Analytics is a great tool to find out what works best for your brand. You can use it to review your past posts so you can learn from the best content and craft a narrative that works best for you. You can also get a glimpse of your target audience’s preferences by examining their Instagram likes and comments.
4. Find your target audience
Understanding your followers is crucial so that you can tailor your content to their likes and dislikes. Get the picture of a potential audience in mind from the get-go, then look for other accounts that are already serving your audience. These accounts are not necessarily your competitors, but rather those who are targeting their posts to the type of audience you are trying to target. For example, if your page is about fitness, you might want to find other accounts related to sporting goods, gyms, and lifestyle content. You can then get in touch with these accounts to increase your visibility by following their Instagram followers.
5. Find the right time to get followers engaged
Examining your analytics will provide you with data to determine the best times to post your content. It’s important to reach out to your followers at the times when they are most active on Instagram, otherwise your posts could easily get lost in their feeds. Another big reason to look at your analytics when looking to grow your Instagram following is to find out how often you can post your content.
It is important that you keep your Instagram profile at the highest level in relation to the content you produce. Always try to introduce new methods and techniques and strive for constant change so that your followers can look forward to something new which will eventually drive up the number of Instagram views.